Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Revolut Australia Crypto Prize-Draw Promotion (the “Promotion”), offered by Revolut Payments Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 21 634 823 180) (“RPA”).
The terms and conditions of the Promotion are set out below. These apply in addition to RPA’s Personal Terms and Fees and Charges Section. Any purchase of cryptocurrency through the Revolut app is also subject to the Crypto Terms.
What is the Promotion?
The Promotion is an opportunity for RPA customers to enter a draw to win AUD$10,000 (the “Prize Draw”) by buying cryptocurrency using the Revolut app. A customer will receive one entry into the Prize Draw each time they spend AUD$20 or more on cryptocurrency in a single transaction (a “Qualifying Purchase”), at any time during the Promotion Period (as defined below). Entries are limited to one entry per transaction of AUD$20 or more. Where a customer spends less than AUD$20 in a single purchase of cryptocurrency, they will not receive an entry into the Prize Draw in relation to that purchase.
If you meet the eligibility criteria set out below, you can choose to participate in the Promotion by clicking here and following the instructions. The link can also be found in the inbox within the Revolut app, and may be emailed to you.
Who is eligible to participate?
You will be eligible to participate in this Promotion if you:
- are a legal resident in Australia during the Promotion Period and live in ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC or WA;
- are over 18 years old;
- open or already have open an account with RPA;
- are not an employee of: RPA or any other Revolut company; an immediate family member of such an employee; or an employee of any company associated with the promotion;
- have chosen to participate in the Promotion by clicking on the link above and following the instructions; and
- make one or more Qualifying Purchases during the Promotion Period (defined below).
The Promotion commences on 2 August 2021 at 09:00 am AEDT and finishes on 15 September 2021 at 11:59 pm AEDT (the “Promotion Period”). Any cryptocurrency which is purchased via the Revolut app outside of the Promotion Period will not be a Qualifying Purchase.
I’m in, what do I do next?
- If you are not already an RPA customer, download the Revolut app on your smartphone (available on Apple and Android devices) and follow the instructions to open a Revolut account.
- Choose to participate in the Promotion by clicking on the link above and following the instructions.
- Open the Revolut app, head to the Wealth tab, and select Crypto.
- Use the Invest button to make one or more Qualifying Purchases of any of the offered cryptocurrencies during the Promotion Period.
There is a single prize of AUD$10,000.
The Prize Draw will be conducted at Revolut Payments Australia Pty Ltd, 152 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia at 12:00 pm AEDT on 22 September 2021 using computerised random selection.
The first valid entry drawn in the Prize Draw will win the AUD$10,000 prize.
The prize will be awarded through transfer to the winner’s Revolut AUD account within 60 days of the Prize Draw.
RPA may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn, or the recipient of the first valid entry drawn is not able to claim the prize within 60 days of the Prize Draw.
The winner will be notified by SMS/phone call and/or email.
If required under the applicable state or territory law, RPA will publish the prize winner’s name on our website within 14 days of the Prize Draw.
What else should I know?
- The Promotion is available only to RPA users who have passed their Know Your Customer (KYC) checks. RPA may decline your application to create a Revolut account at its sole discretion.
- RPA may vary the Promotional Period upon providing 7 days notice of any change on our website (subject to any required state regulatory approval).
- RPA has been granted the required permits to run the Promotion in SA (SA licence no. T21/382) and ACT (ACT licence no. TP 21/01242).
- Any queries or issues associated with this Promotion should be addressed to Revolut support agents via in-app chat.
- Should you wish to contact them, the relevant regulatory authorities for each state in which the Promotion is offered are as follows:
- ACT: Gambling and Racing Commission
- NSW: NSW Fair Trading
- QLD: Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
- SA: CBS Liquor and Gaming
- TAS: Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission
- VIC: Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
- WA: Gaming and Wagering Commission
- This Promotion is governed by the laws of the state in which you reside at the time you choose to participate in the Promotion. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms may be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in that state.
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 18M+ already using Revolut.