Refer a friend and try Premium subscription-free
What is the Promotion about?
We know you love our product so we’re rewarding you to share the love.
This Promotion (the “Promotion”) allows selected Revolut customers to earn three months of Revolut’s Premium subscription plan, free from the monthly subscription fee (the “Premium Trial”) for referring friends to Revolut.
It's easy: your friend just needs to sign up for a Revolut Personal account using your unique referral code and make three qualifying purchases. You will only be awarded your Premium Trial if you, and the people you refer, meet the criteria in these terms and conditions (the “Promotion Terms”), so please keep reading to find out how the Promotion works.
This Promotion runs from 15 February 2023 10:00 AM GMT until 7 March 2023 11:59 PM GMT. We call this the “Promotion Period”.
You, and the people you refer, must meet all the criteria during the Promotion Period. If you or they do not, or if you or they partially meet a criteria during the Promotion Period, you will not receive a Premium Trial.
Where you take part in this Promotion, these Promotion Terms create an agreement between you and Revolut Technologies Inc. where you take part in the Promotion. You must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States (with a valid US residential address); and
- receive an invitation to the Promotion directly from us by email.
If you have not received an email directly from us, you will not be eligible.
What do I need to do to receive a Premium Trial?
To receive a Premium Trial, you must be:
- eligible to take part in this Promotion (see “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”),
- refer someone to sign up to Revolut for a Personal account (we’ll call this person the “invitee”), and
- ensure that the invitee completes all the relevant steps so you can receive a Premium Trial (see “What does the invitee need to do for you to receive a Premium Trial?”).
Inviting someone to join Revolut is easy. Just open the email you received about this Promotion (remember, you must have received an email from us to be eligible) and tap on the “Invite friends” button. You can invite up to five people from anywhere in the world where Revolut Personal accounts are available.
A draft email containing your unique referral link will appear. You can customise the message and send it once you’re ready. It’s the link which is important - the invitee must click on your unique link for you to be eligible for the Promotion.
How do I start my Premium Trial?
As part of this Promotion, eligible customers will be entitled to receive up to fifteen months worth of Revolut’s Premium subscription plan free of the monthly subscription fee. You will receive three months of Revolut Premium subscription-free for every successful referral, and you can refer up to five people during this Promotion.
At the end of the Promotion, we will calculate how many months of the Premium Trial you are entitled to, based on the eligibility checks for the referrals you made during the Promotion (see the next section: “What does the invitee need to do for you to receive a Premium Trial?”). If you’re eligible for a Premium Trial as part of this Promotion, you’ll receive an email from us within 10 working days of the end of the Promotion Period. This email will confirm how long your Premium Trial will last , and it will direct you to the Premium plan dashboard to redeem your Premium Trial. The email will confirm the deadline by which you must claim and activate your Premium Trial. If you do not start your Premium Trial by this deadline, the Premium Trial will be lost.
Just so you know, if you choose to make use of your Premium Trial, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Premium Trial. You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during your Premium Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Premium Trial.
If you order a card during your Premium Trial and then wish to cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end of the Cooling-off Period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If you order a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page for the Premium plan to see the fees associated with card delivery.
For example: if your Premium trial is for two months, then you’ll have two months from the day your Premium Trial membership starts to cancel your Premium subscription, but after that point normal billing and cancellation rules will apply.
After your Premium Trial ends, by default you will remain on your Premium subscription unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agree to when you upgrade to the paid plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after your Premium Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Premium Trial ends.
What does the invitee need to do for you to receive a Premium Trial?
For you to receive a Premium Trial, your invitee must be eligible for this Promotion and sign up to Revolut using your unique referral link, top up, and complete all of the following requirements, within the Promotion Period:
- They must be new to Revolut - this means they must not hold or have previously held an account with any Revolut entity.
- They must sign up for a Revolut Personal account, for the first time, using your unique referral link. (Someone who has previously signed up will not earn you a Premium Trial.)
- Signing up means completing the sign up process and passing our onboarding Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks. If the invitee fails our onboarding checks, you will not receive a Premium Trial. For example, they might fail these checks because they do not meet our onboarding requirements.
- They must top up their account from an external source (like a card top-up or transfer from another bank, not a transfer from another Revolut account).
- They must order a physical card and make three card purchases of the required minimum amount. The three card purchases can be made using a virtual or physical card. All three transactions should be completed and finalised for you as a referrer to receive a Premium Trial. The required minimum amounts vary by region (more information here). These must be genuine purchases (for example, card transactions to payment, gambling, gift card or currency exchange service providers, and money transfers are not valid).
You will not receive a Premium Trial if your invitee does not complete, reverts, or reverses one of the above steps. For example, if they immediately close their Revolut account, cancel their card before it arrives, or cancel/refund their card purchase, you will no longer be entitled to a Premium Trial in relation to that invitee.
The invitee must successfully sign up for a Revolut Personal account and complete all of the steps above for you to be eligible for the Premium Trial. Invitees who sign up for a Revolut Business account do not qualify you for this Promotion.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Technologies Inc.
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change these Promotion Terms without notice.
- We may also suspend or end this Promotion at any time, if in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- If we believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances. (For example, it would be a material abuse of this Promotion to orchestrate a campaign to profiteer from this Promotion in a way that does not result in genuine and unique new sign-ups to Revolut, and we may cancel your Premium Trial and/or close your account and reverse any Rewards if you do this.)
- Just to be clear, this Promotion is a one-sided campaign, where only the referrer (not the invitee) can receive a Premium Trial.
- The Premium Trial will only be awarded in relation to successful referrals for Revolut Personal accounts where the invitee is new to Revolut (as defined in the terms above). If you refer someone for Revolut but they sign up for a Revolut Business account, you will not receive a Premium Trial.
- These Terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the English version can be used in legal proceedings.
- If you have any questions or complaints about this Promotion, please contact Support via chat in the app.
- Revolut USA Prepaid Visa® and Prepaid Mastercard® are issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. for Visa cards, and Mastercard International for Mastercard cards, and may be used everywhere Visa or Mastercard are accepted. Banking services are provided by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, and are subject to the terms of a Cardholder Agreement. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Revolut Technologies Inc. is a technology services provider and administrator of the card program. Travel insurance on Revolut’s paid plans is provided by Chubb Group. Cryptocurrency services provided directly by Apex Crypto LLC, NMLS ID 1828849. Savings Vault services provided by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC. Securities products and services provided by Revolut Securities Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Securities products are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, are not bank deposits, are not obligations of or guaranteed by Metropolitan Commercial Bank and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The terms of this Promotion shall be governed by the Revolut Prepaid Visa and Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder Agreement, including the applicable law and Arbitration Provision.
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 25M+ already using Revolut.