What’s Revolut? 🤔
Revolut is an innovative, people-first fintech founded in London in 2015. Our vision is to build the world’s first truly global financial super app, allowing consumers to manage all areas of their financial life in one place.
Revolut gives people the power to spend and transfer money without any sky-high and unfair fees. When we launched, our products gained popularity – particularly among Europe’s millennial generation – for their flexibility and accessibility.
Today, we provide services in 36 countries worldwide – including Japan – with 20M+ customers globally. By using our app, our customers gain access to a wide range of financial products, offer them more control over their money, and seamlessly connect people from all over the globe.
In Japan you can spend and transfer money globally at the real exchange rate, exchange currencies in-app, use handy peer-to-peer transfer and bill split features, and much more. Plus, we launched the Metal plan in January 2022, which is one of the most highly sought after features among our customers in Japan.
Some of the best perks of using Revolut include:
- Domestic and international bank transfer 💰
- Peer-to-peer instant transfer with other Revolut customers 🌏
- Currency exchange with more than 27 currencies 💱
- Card payments, with a physical or virtual card 💳
- Instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting and analytics 📊
- Split bills 💸
- Highly personalised security settings - the way you want it 🔐
- Buy and sell commodities with ¥1(Gold and Silver) ✨
- Unlock lounge access with lower prices (Premium and Metal customers only) ✈️
- Wait in style with SmartDelay - flight delayed by more than an hour? Get free airport lounge passes for you +3 friends
Sign up to Revolut!
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to set up your Revolut account. Download the app and get started in minutes!
- Download the Revolut app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Once you open the app, enter your phone number. Make sure you start with your country code (ex: +81) and remove the first 0 of your number
- We’ll text you a 6-digit pin, which you can enter in-app
- Select the country where you currently live
- Enter your personal information such as your:
- first and last name
- date of birth
Note: Make sure the address you use is the same as the address shown on the ID document you use to set up the account.
6. Select what you’re planning to use Revolut for
7. Choose your notification settings (we recommend you turn on notifications, so you never miss a payment reminder, alert or offer 🔔)
8. Create a 4-digit passcode for your Revolut account
9. ID verification with any of the following documents:
- driving licence
- my number card (Front)
- residence card (for non-Japanese nationals only)
- special Permanent Resident Certificate (for non-Japanese nationals only)
10. Order your card by visiting ‘Cards’ > ‘Add new card’ > choose between virtual or physical card If you choose a physical card, confirm the delivery address and tap ‘Continue’. If you choose a virtual card, you can immediately use it for online shopping without activating it
And that’s it! You’re good to go!