Have you ever struggled when sharing a lunch bill with friends?? Lack of coins, no change — it’s awkward right? But with Revolut, splitting bills and sharing expenses is easy. You can send the amount in units of 1 JPY*, so you won’t need to prepare small change any longer. Transfers between Revolut customers are basically free, and instant. Other fees such as exchange fees may apply, and it may get delayed in some situations (e.g. due to a technical issue).
(*the minimum amount you can send is 150 JPY.)
Only funds added from your debit card or by bank transfer can be transferred. You can check your ‘Monetisable balance’ by selecting the icon on the top left of the app, and going to the ‘Limit’ page.
Is your friend in your contact list? If not, your options are more limited. The following table will help show which actions are available to you.
How to send a payment 💸
- Tap the ‘⇄’ icon displayed at the bottom of the screen
- Choose from your Revolut friends, or tap ‘+ New’ in the top right corner
- Enter your friend’s Revtag in the search bar, and select your friend (you can find the Revtag below your name by tapping the icon in the top left corner of the main page. These begin with an ‘@’ icon)
- Enter the amount you want to send. To personalise your payment, you can add a GIF and a note. Tap ‘Send’, then you’re all done!
And that’s it! It takes just a few simple steps to make a transfer. If you have any questions, please contact us, we’re happy to help.
Join Revolut for free*
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 28M+ already using Revolut.
* It's free to download the app and create a Revolut account. You can access a variety of money management tools on your free Standard account, or you can upgrade to one of our paid plans to get even more from your money.