[Campaign] Get up to 20% cashback
Top-up via bank transfer and spend with your Revolut card to get up to 20% cashback
Campaign period 📆
1 March to 31 March , 2023
How much do I get? 💰
The amount of cashback you'll earn depends on your plan:
💵 Standard customers are eligible for 2%
💵 Premium customers will earn 10%
💵 Metal customers will get 20%
And for you big spenders, cashback is capped at ¥2,000.
How and when do I get cashback? 📲
- First, top up your account with a minimum of ¥50,000 via local bank transfer
- Then, use your Revolut card for any spending!
- We'll then calculate how much you've earned based on the total completed payments from funds you've added via local bank transfer during March
The actual cashback will be paid out in mid-May into your Revolut account.
What is the logic for cashback calculation? 🔢
Cashback amount is calculated based on the card spend amount from money added by bank transfers during the campaign period.
There is no need to exhaust credit or prepaid card top ups from prior to the campaign in order to receive cashback.
Here's a cashback hack: to maximise your earnings, Standard customers must top up ¥100,000 and spend ¥100,000. Premium and Metal customers must top up ¥50,000, and spend ¥20,000, and ¥10,000, respectively.
Will payments from virtual cards also count towards cashback?
Both physical and virtual card payments will count towards your cashback.
Revolut Card payments via Google Pay, PayPay, dPay will also count towards your cashback amount.
*Card payments must be genuine purchases (for example, card transactions to payment service providers, money transfers, prepaid or gift cards are not valid)
Will non-JPY payments count towards cashback?
Yes, however all cashback will be credited in JPY in one lump sum.
What’s the maximum top up amount I can make?
Maximum top up amount you can make is ¥1,000,000 per top up.
If you need to make a top up of more than ¥1,000,000 please make sure you break it down into multiple transactions that are less than or equal to ¥1,000,000 per transaction.
Add money to your Revolut account via bank transfer with following steps:
- Tap the Japan flag icon on the upper right section of the home screen.
- You will see a virtual reference number associated with your Revolut wallet
- Transfer funds from your own Japanese bank account into Revolut by entering your virtual reference number details
- If the beneficiary is not automatically generated, make sure to enter “REVOLUT” as the beneficiary of the transfer, otherwise it will be rejected. Some banks may ask you to enter katakana, but you can and should enter the beneficiary name “REVOLUT” in Roman alphabet to process transfers without issues.
Please note that it may take up to 1 working day until the top-up is reflected on your Revolut balance.
You can also refer to "How can you fund your account with bank transfers? (only from domestic banks)" from our Adding money to your Revolut account 💰 blog.
Team Revolut Japan
This campaign is subject to change without notice
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 25M+ already using Revolut.