The terms and conditions are also available in German.
What is the Promotion about?
We know you love our product. So we’re rewarding you to share the love.
This Promotion (the “Promotion”) allows selected Revolut customers that are residing in Austria to earn a referral reward (the “Reward”). It's easy: your friend just needs to sign up to Revolut using your unique referral code and make three qualifying purchases. You will only be paid the Reward if you, and the people you refer, meet the criteria in these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”), so please keep reading to find out how the Promotion works.
This Promotion runs from 16 November 2022 10:00 AM GMT until 6 December 2022 11:59 PM GMT. We call this the “Promotion Period”. Make sure to invite your friends as soon as possible to give them enough time to do all the steps before the promotion ends.
You, and the people you refer, must meet all the criteria during the Promotion Period. If either of you do not meet the criteria or only partially meet the criteria during the Promotion Period, you will not receive a Reward.
Who is organizing this Promotion?
In participating EEA countries, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Payments UAB, a company located at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania. In the UK, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd. (“Revolut”)
Who is eligible for the Promotion?
Any Revolut user residing in the territory of Austria except for Revolut Junior users who has an active Revolut account (not suspended, restricted or closed) and who has received an invitation to the Promotion directly from us by email is eligible. If you have not received an email directly from us, you are not eligible.
What do you need to do to earn the Reward?
To earn a Reward, you must (1) receive an email invite from us, (2) invite a friend to sign up to Revolut using your referral link, and (3) ensure that your friend does the things we set out below.
Inviting someone to join Revolut is easy. Just open the email you received about this Promotion (remember, you must have received an email to be eligible) and tap on the “Refer” button. You can invite friends from anywhere in the world where Revolut is available.
A draft email containing your unique referral link will appear. You can customise this and send it once you’re ready. It’s the link which is important - the invitee must click on your unique link for you to be eligible for the Promotion.
The maximum number of people you can refer is five. If you refer more than five people, you will not be paid more than five Rewards.
What does the person you refer need to do for you to earn the Reward?
For you to be eligible for your Reward, your invitee must be eligible for this Promotion and sign up to Revolut using your unique referral link, top up, and make three purchases using their Revolut card (virtual or physical). This means that:
- They must sign up to Revolut, for the first time, using your unique referral link (someone who has previously signed up will not earn you a Reward.).
- Signing up means completing the sign up process and passing our onboarding checks. If the invitee fails our onboarding checks, you will not be eligible for your referral. For example, they might fail these checks because they do not meet our onboarding requirements.
- They must top up their account from an external source (like a card top-up or transfer from another bank, not a transfer from another Revolut account).
- They must order a physical card.
- They must make three card purchases of minimum €5 each during the Promotion Period. The three card purchases can be made using a virtual or physical card. These must be eligible purchases for goods or services (for example, card transactions to payment, gambling, gift card, currency or cryptocurrency exchange service providers, and money transfers are not valid).
You will not be paid a Reward (or may have a Reward that has been previously paid reversed) if your invitee reverses one of these steps. For example, if they immediately close their Revolut account, cancel their card before it arrives, or cancel/refund their card purchase.
What is the Reward and how is it rewarded ?
Once your invitee completes the above steps and you are eligible to receive a Reward, you will be notified via push notification. Your Reward will then be chosen in a random drawing from a list of cash prizes ranging from €10 to €200 for each invitee on the basis of the following distribution table:
Your Reward(s) will be paid directly to your Revolut account within 10 working days after the end of the Promotion Period.
What other legal information should I know?
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change these Promotion Terms without notice.
- These Promotion Terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the English version can be used in legal proceedings.
- This Promotion is a one-sided campaign, where only the referrer (not the referee) can be awarded the Reward.
- The Reward will be paid to the referrer’s main account balance.
- To be eligible for a Reward, you must comply with these Promotion Terms and all other terms and conditions that apply to your account. If we believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances (for example, it would be a material abuse of this Promotion to orchestrate a campaign to profiteer from this Promotion in a way that does not result in genuine and unique new sign-ups to Revolut, and we may close your account and reverse any Rewards if you do this).
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may occur that render the awarding of the promotion impossible. Accordingly, Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- These Promotion terms and conditions are an agreement between you and the Revolut company which provides you with your account. If you have any questions or complaints about this Promotion, you can find out who this company is, and contact them via chat, in the app.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales if you are a Revolut Ltd customer, and by the laws of Lithuania if you are a Revolut Payments UAB customer. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England and Wales if it relates to a Revolut Ltd customer complaint, and if it relates to a Revolut Payments UAB customer complaint, any dispute that arises will be dealt with by the competent court in Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 25M+ already using Revolut.