What is the Promotion about?
We know you love our product. So we’re rewarding you to share the love.
This Promotion (the “Promotion”) allows selected Revolut customers to earn a referral reward (the “Reward”). It's easy: your friend just needs to sign up to Revolut using your unique referral code and make three qualifying purchases. You will only be paid the Reward if you, and the people you refer, meet the criteria set in these terms and conditions, so please keep reading to find out how the Promotion works.
This Promotion runs from 23 August 2023 10:00 AM GMT until 12 September 2023 8:59 PM GMT. We call this the “Promotion Period”.
You, and the people you refer, must meet all the criteria during the Promotion Period. If one or both of you fails to meet this during the Promotion Period, you will not receive a Reward.
Who is eligible for the Promotion?
Anyone who has received an invitation to the Promotion directly from us by email is eligible. If you have not received an email directly from us, you are not eligible.
What do you need to do to earn the Reward?
To earn a Reward, you must receive an invitation email from us, invite a friend to sign up to Revolut within the Promotion Period, and ensure that your friend completes all activities we set out below before the specific deadline (each invitee’s deadline will be outlined in the app).
Inviting someone to join Revolut is easy. Just open the email you received about this Promotion (remember, you must have received an email from us to be eligible) and tap on the “Refer” button. You can invite friends from anywhere in the world where Revolut is available.
A draft email containing your unique referral link will appear. You can customise the message and send it once you’re ready. It’s the link which is important – the invitee must click on your unique link for you to be eligible for the Promotion. When the invitee clicks on the link, they will be taken to a landing page where they will be asked to enter their phone number. The invitee will have a certain number of days to complete the relevant steps starting from when they enter their phone number – you’ll be able to see their specific deadline in the app.
The maximum number of people you can refer to during a referral campaign is five. If you refer more than five people, you will not be paid more than five Rewards.
The amount of the Reward you will be paid is unique to you. We will set it out in your invitation email. It will be paid in the base currency of your Revolut Personal account.
What does the person you refer need to do for you to earn the Reward?
For you to be eligible for your Reward, your invitee must be eligible for this Promotion and sign up to Revolut using your unique referral link, top up, and make three purchases using their Revolut card, all of which must be completed before the specific deadline conveyed to you in the app.
The following steps must be completed by the invitee before their specific deadline (outlined in the app): :
- They must sign up for a Revolut Personal account, for the first time, using your unique referral link. (Someone who has previously signed up for a Revolut Personal account will not earn you a Reward.)
- Signing up means completing the sign up process and passing our onboarding checks (including KYC requirements). If the invitee fails our onboarding checks, you will not be eligible for your Reward. For example, they might fail these checks because they do not meet our onboarding requirements.
- They must top up their Personal account from an external source (like a card top-up or transfer from another bank, not a transfer from another Revolut account).
- They must order a physical Revolut card and make three successful card payments of the required minimum amount. The three card payments can be made using a virtual or physical Revolut card. The required minimum amounts vary by region (more information here). These must be genuine purchases (for example, card transactions to payment, gambling, gift card or currency exchange service providers, and money transfers are not valid).
You will not be paid a Reward (or may have a Reward that has been previously paid reversed) if we become aware that one of these steps has not actually been completed. For example, if the invitee immediately closes their Revolut Personal account, cancels their card before it arrives, or any of the three required payments does not complete or is reverted or cancelled. What other legal information should I know?
- For customers of the Revolut Ltd this promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For customers of the Revolut Bank UAB, the Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania. If you are a customer of the Revolut Bank UAB branch in France, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in France, with company number 894 031 244 and whose registered office is at 3 Rue de Stockholm, Patchwork Saint Lazare 75008 Paris, France. If you are a customer of the Revolut Bank UAB branch in Ireland, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB acting in Ireland via its branch in Ireland, with company number 909790 and whose address is at 2 Dublin Landings, North Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland.
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change these terms and conditions without notice.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the English version can be used in legal proceedings.
- This Promotion is a one-sided campaign, where only the referrer (not the referee) can be awarded the Reward.
- The Reward will be paid to the referrer’s main Personal account balance.
- Rewards will be paid within 10 working days after the invitee’s specific deadline – this allows us time to confirm that the invitee has successfully completed all steps.
- To be eligible for a Reward, you must comply with these terms and conditions and all other terms and conditions that apply to your Personal account.
- If we believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances. For example, it would be a material abuse of this Promotion to orchestrate a campaign to profiteer from this Promotion in a way that does not result in genuine and unique new sign-ups to Revolut, and we may close your Personal account or the invitee’s and reverse any Rewards if you do this.
- These Promotion terms and conditions are an agreement between you and the Revolut company which provides you with your Personal account. If you have any questions or complaints about this Promotion, you can find out who this company is, and contact them via chat, in the app.
- Any personal data processed or controlled during the Promotion will be dealt with in line with Revolut’s Customer Privacy Notice that applies to your Personal account.
- If you are a customer of Revolut Ltd, this Promotion is governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to it.
- To the extent permitted by law these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed:
- in accordance with the laws of Lithuania if you are a Revolut Bank UAB customer;
- in accordance with the laws of France if you are a customer of Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in France;
- in accordance with the laws of Ireland if you are a customer of Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in Ireland.
Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live.
- Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by:
- the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside if they relate to an Revolut Bank UAB customer complaint;
- the competent court in France or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside if they relate to a Revolut Bank UAB French branch customer complaint;
- the competent court in Ireland or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside if they relate to a Revolut Bank UAB Irish branch customer complaint.
Join Revolut for free*
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 28M+ already using Revolut.
* It's free to download the app and create a Revolut account. You can access a variety of money management tools on your free Standard account, or you can upgrade to one of our paid plans to get even more from your money.