The Cashback on Public Transport Campaign (the “Cashback Campaign”) will be governed by these standard terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
- What is the Cashback Campaign about?
Subject to the Terms contained in this document, participants will be able to qualify to receive cashbacks in respect of their bus and mass rapid transit (“MRT”) fares in Singapore (collectively, “public transport fares” and “cashbacks”), incurred during each respective Campaign Period.
- What is the duration of the Cashback Campaign
- The Cashback Campaign is split into two (2) tranches of separate (and independent) participating periods, namely:
- from 1st May 2021 to 31st May 2021 (the “May Campaign”); and
- from 1st June 2021 to 30th June 2021 (the “June Campaign”),
(each a “Campaign Period”).
- Why is this information important?
- These Terms govern the relationship between each participant in the Cashback Campaign (“participant” or “you”) and Revolut Technologies Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Revolut”, “we,” “our” or “us”).
- You will be deemed to be participating in the Cashback Campaign if you do not reach out to us via in-app chat to inform us that you do not wish to participate in the Cashback Campaign within five (5) business days of either receiving the cashback reward or receiving the email from us notifying you of your cashback reward (whichever earlier).
- By participating in the Cashback Campaign, you:
- confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms, including any later amendments and modifications thereto;
- warrant and represent that all details that you provide about yourself, are true, accurate and complete, including your eligibility to participate,
and hereby agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in the event of any breach by you.
- All decisions made by Revolut under these Terms and/or with respect to the Cashback Campaign shall be final. Revolut may, but is not required to, justify any of its decisions.
- Only you and we have any rights under these Terms. They are personal to you and you cannot transfer any rights or obligations under it to anyone else.
- Who is eligible to participate in the Cashback Campaign?
- In order to participate in the Cashback Campaign, participants must be an Eligible Customer of Revolut. An “Eligible Customer” is a customer of Revolut who fulfils all the following criteria during the Campaign Periods and until the cashback is awarded:
- has downloaded the Revolut app;
- has successfully set up an account with Revolut (whether as a Standard, Premium or Metal account customer);
- has an active account (not suspended or restricted); and
- is currently legally residing in Singapore.
- For the avoidance of doubt employees and contractors of Revolut and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Cashback Campaign.
- Revolut will determine eligibility at its sole discretion, and reserves the right at any time to disqualify participants in the event that we discover you have breached these Terms, breached applicable laws, or are not an Eligible Customer.
- You further acknowledge and agree that in the event that Revolut (in its reasonable opinion) believes that you have breached these Terms or applicable laws, or are not an Eligible Customer, you undertake and warrant that you will transfer any cashback amounts that were transferred into your Revolut account as part of the Cashback Campaign back to us within three (3) days of our request, failing which, you hereby unequivocally authorise us to deduct the same from your Revolut Account.
- How do I participate in the Cashback Campaign?
- An Eligible Customer can participate in the Cashback Campaign during each Campaign Period by:
- topping up their Revolut account by way of either a bank transfer or debit/ credit card top up using the bank account/credit card linked to their Revolut account; and
- using their Revolut card to pay for their public transport fares.
- For the avoidance of doubt:
- both the actions in clause 5.1(a) to (b) must be performed within the same Campaign Period, in order to qualify for the cashback. For example, topping up your Revolut Account in May 2021, but using your Revolut card to pay for public transport in June 2021, will not qualify you for any cashback;
- the funds from the bank transfer or debit/ credit card top up must be received in the participant’s Revolut Account by 11:59 pm (Singapore Time) on the last day of each Campaign Period. In other words, on 31st May 2021 or 30th June 2021 respectively (irrespective of the date/time the participant performed the top up); and
- you are prohibited from allowing third parties to use your Revolut Card to pay for third parties’ public transport fares.
- Revolut will not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or circumstances otherwise preventing entry into the Cashback Campaign. This includes but is not limited to situations where participants may have attempted to perform a top up, but the funds were received late by Revolut for any reason.
- Revolut reserves the right, at any time, to request for further details evidencing that the participants alone accrued the spend on public transport, to verify the accuracy of his/her details, to request for supporting proof of identification, and to disqualify any participant who has not participated in accordance with these terms, acts in bad faith, or who tampers or tries to subvert the Cashback Campaign (for example, by lending his/her Revolut Card to others to use on public transport).
- How much Cashback will I qualify for?
- The amount of cashback that participants may receive depends on:
- the method used to top up their Revolut Account;
- the amount topped up into their Revolut Account; and
- the amount spent on public transportation,
during the relevant Campaign Period.
- Further to the above, please refer to the below:
- Without prejudice to anything to the contrary in these Terms, and notwithstanding clauses 6.1 and 6.2:
- the maximum amount of cashback each participant is eligible to receive in respect of each Campaign Period is SGD $10; and
- the minimum amount of cashback each participant is eligible to receive in respect of each Campaign Period is SGD $0.10. This means that no cashback will be awarded if the participant’s cashback entitlement is less than this amount.
- How do I know if I’ve been awarded any cashback and how do I collect this?
- Revolut will contact all participants who have been awarded any cashback by email and deposit the cashback amounts into their Revolut Account within ten (10) business days after the end of each Campaign Period.
- For the avoidance of doubt, any cashback amounts awarded by us can only be deposited into the participant’s Revolut account, and are personal to him/her, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- What else should I know?
- Other applicable terms and conditions
- You acknowledge that your participation in the Cashback Campaign is subject to these Terms as well as the other terms and conditions applicable to all Revolut cardholders, and incorporates the same by reference, including:
- General Terms at https://www.revolut.com/en-SG/legal/terms;
- Card Holder Terms at https://www.revolut.com/en-SG/legal/cardholder-terms;
- Metal Terms at https://www.revolut.com/en-SG/legal/premium-and-metal;
- Fees Terms at https://www.revolut.com/en-SG/legal/metal-fees;
- Website Terms at https://www.revolut.com/en-SG/legal/website-terms,
as well as all other terms referenced by the foregoing. In the event of any conflict, these Terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- No fraud or violation of terms
Revolut reserves the right to refuse participation, or to refuse to award any cashback to any participant in breach of these Terms or the law. Further, we reserve the right to clawback any cashback or benefit issued as part of the Cashback Campaign in case of any fraudulent, dishonest and inappropriate––as deemed solely by us––activities related to this Cashback Campaign.
- Change of Cashback Campaign Terms and Termination
- Revolut reserves the right to change, modify and/or supplement the Terms from time to time, and to modify, cancel or suspend the Cashback Campaign at its sole discretion at any time, and these shall be immediately effective and have retrospective effect. Notice of the foregoing (if any) will be posted on our website and/or notified to you by in-app notifications or email. Examples of situations where we might exercise this discretion include but are not limited to circumstances where in our reasonable opinion, the Cashback Campaign is being abused, which may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation or due to legal reasons.
- We also reserve the right, at any time in our sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the cashbacks offered without notice. Substitutions may not be of equal value.
- Revolut shall not be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in rendering any cashbacks arising in any way due to a participants act/omission, caused (directly or indirectly) by forces beyond its reasonable control or by third parties. Accordingly, Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of or in connection with the foregoing.
- Limitation of liability
- Participation in this Cashback Campaign and all cashbacks are accepted entirely at the risk of participants, and Revolut excludes all warranties in connection with the same to the furthest extent permitted by law.
- Revolut shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) in connection with the Cashback Campaign or any cashback, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- We accept no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the prizes (including but not limited to goods and services tax).
- To the extent that Revolut suffers any claim, loss, damage or judgement due to your actions or omissions (including, but not limited to, your participation in the Cashback Campaign or breach of any of these terms by you), you agree to indemnify and hold Revolut and its respective officers, employees and agents harmless.
- Governing law and courts
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court in Singapore.
- Right to enforce
- If you have breached the Terms between you and us and we do not enforce our rights, or we delay in enforcing them, this will not prevent us from enforcing those or any other rights at a later date. This is also the case if we have any legal rights that we do not enforce straight away.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce the same.
- Personal Data
- By participating in this Cashback Campaign you consent to Revolut’s, collection, holding, storage use, processing, transfer, disclosure and/or reporting (directly or indirectly) of your personal data to relevant third parties (including any persons who are involved in operating, administering or promoting this Cashback Campaign on behalf of Revolut), including but not limited to for the purposes of administering this Cashback Campaign, for contacting you regarding the same and for marketing purposes.
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 10M+ already using Revolut.