Welcome to our new Revoluter Diaries series, where we move across the globe to give you an exclusive peek into the lives of our Revoluters. Who are they? What do they do? What goes into reinventing how the world does money?
Today, we have Ieva Elvyra Kazakeviciute, our Senior Internal Communications Manager living in Vilnius.
- 9am - After two years in London, I’ve just moved back to Vilnius! Revolut recently put an end to HQ-centricity with a new flexible working model, so here I am 🇱🇹 As a bonus, I get two quiet hours to review various communications pieces before the rest of HQ wakes up.
- 11am - Draft announcement message. Revolut Bank is about to hit more countries in Central Eastern Europe! 🎉
- 2pm - Get things in order for Friday’s Global Town Hall. I keep thinking how bizarre it is that I still haven’t been replaced as the host, even with my untraceable accent and that Eastern European sense of humour 😂
- 5pm - Record introductions for our Onboarding so all new Revoluters get to hear about our product vision and strategy on day one 💪🏻
- 7pm - Being the good citizen that I am, I’m obeying the 10-day isolation since returning to Lithuania. Tonight’s the last night, and I’m so stoked my friends and I are making plans for the rest of this week!
A night in with this puzzle. If I can finish it by summer... 🤔
- 7am - Pilates 🧘🏻♀️
- 9am - Go through Jira tickets for internal communications. I’m seeing a range of requests from lengthy company-wide campaigns to short copy proofreading.
- 1pm - Company-wide Q&A session with our CEO Nik.
- 2pm - Lunch + The Cuba Libre Story on Netflix 👩🏻💻 (Cuba the country, not the drink!)
- 3pm - Story time. Our next Revolut Radio podcast episode will zoom in on our 2021 company goals, so I’m drafting some questions for our senior executives 🎙
- 6pm - I can’t help it anymore - gotta get outside and enjoy this beautiful evening! So happy to meet my friends for a walk. Loads can be covered in 17k steps.
Getting out of self-isolation 🌤
- 10am - Coffee and Kahoot with my new team. Before I moved to London, I was one of two people based in Vilnius - so it’s wild that I’m returning to nearly 200 new colleagues! 🤗
- 12nn - International Women’s Day is coming in hot with a whole slew of activities. I take a selfie for the #ChooseToChallenge campaign + update my calendar with all the events our Women’s Guild has organised 🙍🏻♀️
- 2pm - Finalise messages for global and targeted announcements. Review copies. Work on pre-onboarding emails for new joiners.
- 6pm - Weekly check-in for Project Clarion, our employee engagement project. Today’s agenda: employee benefits, Women in Leadership program, Revolut Alumni, the new work abroad policy and more.
Fresh flowers from a shop down the street. Trying to #SupportLocal after the year that small businesses have had 🌼
- 9am - Final preparations for our monthly Global Town Hall 🌎
- 12pm - Mental Health First Aiders meetup. We don’t offer professional help, but we’re here if anyone needs to chat ‘off topic’ sometimes ❤️
- 1pm: Reviewing more incoming requests for internal comms campaigns. This company doesn’t stop, ever!
- 4pm - Bi-weekly sync with the Employee Engagement team.
- 6pm - Coffee Roulette. Exactly as it sounds, and a really fun way to meet Revoluters from other locations. Today, I’m meeting with a colleague in the US 🙌🏻
Lithuanian sweets from my childhood. It’s the kind of love that never fades 🍬
- 7am - Mornings are so much easier when you know there’s champagne waiting in the evening 🙃
- 12nn - Meet up with the Green Core Team to scope out ideas for our Sustainability program.
- 4pm - Host our Monthly Global Town Hall. Also spotlighting Team USA! 🇺🇸
- 6pm - Finalise and send out Revolut Digest - our weekly newsletter. Once, I did it all in memes… and definitely didn’t expect there’d be so much appetite for more!
- 7pm - Champagne. Chin-chin! 🥂
A sunny walk in my trendy hipster neighbourhood. I miss the parties and dances that used to take place right inside this architectural masterpiece.
How did a week in Ieva's shoes feel like? You could have a similarly brilliant career with us. Find your opportunities on our Careers page.
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 18M+ already using Revolut.