2020 has been a year unlike any other. It goes without saying that it’s impacted all our lives, including the way we’ve been spending.
Although we’ve had to stay at home more than we might have liked, it’s certainly had its benefits. From cooking at home and working out in our living rooms, to long walks in the parks and zoom parties with friends, 2020 has actually helped many of us save more than we have before.
The way we’ve all spent our money has been a little different too - we’ve supported our local businesses, ordered our groceries online and sent digital cash gifts to friends and family across the country and the world. We’ve collected all the data as usual to create you your annual #RevReview, so you can see exactly how and where you spent it. (Yes, you really did spend that much on take-out!)
This is how you – our wonderful Revolut customers – have used your accounts a bit differently this year compared to 2019:
- Revolut Singapore customers gifted almost S$28,000 to friends and families in 2020. Keep the spirit of giving alive with our holiday-themed gift covers. 💗
- A Revolut Singapore customer on average spent slightly more than 2X on international ecommerce shopping than on local ecommerce stores. 🛒
- A Revolut Singapore customer, on average, spent 2.5X more times on online shopping than on in-store purchases this year! Guess our friends in logistics have been busy. 📦
- Revolut Singapore customers channelled 17% of their spending towards Restaurants and Groceries. 🍱
- A Revolut Singapore customer spent, on average, S$178 with the top food delivery services (Deliveroo, Grab and Foodpanda) this year. 🥡
To show you just how much you’ve personally saved, and how you’ve spent 2020, we’re bringing you your personalised RevReview. [Tip: Open using your phone and be sure you're running version 7.30 of the Revolut app]
Packed full with your Revolut spending analytics, here are just a few of the things you can expect to find stories on:
- The total amount you donated this year
- How much you accumulated in Vaults
- How many friends joined your Revolut friend list in 2020
- How many times you split the bill
- Where you’ve travelled
You’ll receive a notification in the next few days when your RevReview is ready if you’re eligible. Simply tap to reveal!
Don’t forget to share your #RevReview on social and tag us @RevolutApp
Stay safe over the holidays and as always, thanks for being a part of Team Revolut. Here’s to 2021!
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 10M+ already using Revolut.