Just like you, many of us at Revolut U.S. have been itching to travel again. Seeing our European friends in Italy or Greece is giving us feelings of missing out. The good news? We have a few options too.
Though travel in some parts of the world has slowly been reopening, we recommend you continue to take precautions. Check in with your doctor and stay up-to-date with the CDC and local health guidance as well as travel restrictions before booking your next trip.
On August 6, 2020, the State Department lifted the level 4 “do not travel” advisory, which recommended against any international travel for Americans. While many countries abroad have managed to control the spread of the virus, it’s still important that we continue to put safety first when it comes to traveling. Given the U.S. is still one of the hardest-hit countries, most countries are still not permitting U.S. visitors to enter.
Even so, for the optimistic travelers out there, here’s some possibilities:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- Costa Rica
- The Dominican Republic
- French Polynesia
- Puerto Rico
- The Maldives
- St Barths
- St. Lucia
- Saint Maarten
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos
- United Kingdom
- The U.S. Virgin Islands
Want to stay within the U.S.?
Now’s a good time to visit our national parks and explore the great outdoors. And don’t forget to mark your calendars for Hawaii’s big opening on October 1, 2020!
Book smart with up to 10% cashback
Take advantage of a great offer we’ve got for you when you book through Booking.com - get up to 10% cashback on your accommodations. Unlimited number of redemptions until October 1, 2020!
1) Click here to book your accommodations through Booking.com
2) Use your Revolut card to pay
3) Get up to 10% cashback wherever you see the green “Reward” tag
Quickly, before you go, we’ve got a few travel tips for you, so you and your money are safe when you travel:
- Turn on location based security. If you misplace your card, nobody will be able to access your funds
- Set spending limits. Stick to your budget so that you’re spending responsibly even while on vacation
- Avoid unfair fees on exchange rates. Use your Revolut card to avoid any hidden fees for exchanging currencies
- Level up with overseas insurance from Metal. Travel with peace of mind. Upgrade to Metal and get global pay-per-day or annual cover for emergency medical assistance and travel insurance.
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 18M+ already using Revolut.