We know you’re busy, but we’d appreciate a few minutes of your time to talk about fraud. Since the start of the Coronavirus outbreak, we’ve seen a spike in scams where fraudsters try to convince you to hand over your account login details.
Before we go any deeper, the key thing to know is that Revolut never sends text messages asking for security information or to click on a link. If you get a text message like this, chances are it’s a scam, even if it looks like it's from us.
These fraudsters are professionals, and their emails and text messages can be very convincing. So, we’ll explain how to spot these fake messages, and what to do if you’re unsure.
If it looks like Revolut contacted you, make sure it’s really us
Calls or text messages can look like they’re coming from Revolut, so if you receive an unexpected call or text message from us, use these tips to decide whether or not it is legitimate.
In a text message, we’ll never:
- Claim that we’ve detected suspicious activity on your account
- Send you a link to a website and ask you to provide sensitive information (like a password, phone number or your PIN)
Outside our app, we’ll never ask for:
- Your PIN (this is the four digit number you use to log in, make card payments or withdraw money from an ATM)
- The full 16 digit number on your card or three digit number on the back of your card
- Any other password like your email address password or other sensitive information
What to do if someone calls or texts you claiming to be from Revolut:
- Using the info above, determine the legitimacy of the message. If the message is a scam, block the number and delete the message from your phone
- If you receive an unexpected call from someone claiming to work for Revolut and asking you to provide personal and sensitive information or asking you to click on a link in a text, hang up the phone and block the number (it’s better to be safe than sorry)
- If you’re still unsure about the legitimacy of a message, ask the opinion of a friend or family member, or speak with our support team in the app
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 18M+ already using Revolut.