It goes without saying that 2020 has been a year like no other. It’s impacted all our lives, including the ways we’ve been spending and saving.
Although we’ve had to stay at home more than we might have liked, it’s also had its benefits. From working at home and keeping fit in our living rooms, to long walks in local parks and zoom parties with friends, 2020 has inadvertently helped many of us save more than we have before.
The way we’ve all spent our money has been a little different too - we’ve supported our local businesses more, ordered our groceries online and sent digital cash gifts to friends and family across the country and the world.
As usual, we’ve collected all the data to create your annual #RevReview, so you can see exactly how and where you spent it in 2020. And yes, you really did spend that much on take-out!
This is how you – our wonderful Revolut customers – have used your accounts a bit differently this year compared to 2019:
- A Revolut user spent on average £561 this year on travel, which is less compared to an average of £997 in 2019. Fingers crossed for travel in 2021!
- A Revolut user spent on average £338 this year on transport, which is less compared to an average of £458 in 2019. The commute is one thing we don’t miss!
- Step aside, Gordon Ramsay. Revolut users on average made 3.3 times more transactions on groceries than restaurants this year!
- A Revolut user on average spent 2.6 more times on online shopping than on in-store purchases this year! You can never have enough loungewear, right?
- A Revolut user spent on average £287 with top takeaway vendors (Deliveroo, Just Eat, Uber eats, Wolt, Glovo, takeaway.com) this year, up from an average of £182 per user in 2019. Because it's the new Friday night, and we're not mad about it.
To show you just how much you’ve personally saved and spent in 2020, you've got your personalised RevReview which you can view in-app. Packed full with your Revolut spending and saving analytics, here are just a few of the things you can expect to find stories on:
- The total amount you donated this year
- How much you saved in Vaults
- Your overall interest earned
- Your top picks for crypto, commodities and stocks investments
- How many friends joined your Revolut friend list in 2020
- How many times you split the bill
- Where you’ve travelled
You’ll receive a notification in the next few days when your RevReview is ready if you’re eligible. Simply tap to reveal. Stay safe over the holidays and as always, thanks for being a part of Team Revolut. Here’s to a happy and healthy 2021! 🥂
Share your favourite stories on social with the #RevReview hashtag and tag us @RevolutApp for a chance at winning a free Metal plan for a year! 🥳
Terms & Conditions apply. We’ll pick a winner on 10 January. UK customers eligible. Good luck!
Join Revolut for Free
Manage your everyday spending with powerful budgeting and analytics, transfer money abroad, spend easily in the local currency, and so much more. Join 18M+ already using Revolut.